Monday, August 2, 2010

What's this????


I know, an insane mess! What this mess is, is me trying to get on the ball. I'm wanting to lower my grocery bill so I'm trying to figure out the whole couponing thing. It's not easy. And completely overwhelming! I see blogs of women who spend 20 bucks a week on groceries. That's just mind boggling to me! So I'm trying to figure it out... Slowly.
I'm also going to do a freezer cooking week. I did a sample of it last month with some of our favorite meals. Got to say, I loved being able to just pull something out of the freezer in the morning and have a tasty dinner that evening. I'm going to be trying some new recipes and favorites.
After I figure out what coupons I'm going to use and finally go to the grocery store I'm going to start cooking! A few things each days as I have time. I'll try to keep the blog up to date with how I'm doing. So wish me luck!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great idea. Know you'll get it going soon. Enjoy

Amanda said...

I got so discouraged when I started because I didn't feel like I really "GOT IT" . . . but after some time, and a lot of questions, I've found what works for me. NO, I do not spend only 20 bucks a year (like Susie . . . haha, kinda) but I have saved TONS of money on categories like toiletries!

Megan said...

Thanks for the encouragement. I was surprised with how much I was able to save when I went shopping yesterday. Seeing the total go down as they swiped each coupon made me want to learn even more!

Bill, Misty, Will, and Laura Ann said...

I can't wait to read more about your couponing and freezer mezls when my headache goes away. I have been sparse on my blogging (reading and posting) but I'm slowly getting back to it.