Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Recipes

Thought I would share the recipes I used for my freezer cooking.

I got several of them from MoneySavingMom. Neat website with lots of ideas on how to save and earn money.

I used her Southwest Rollups. I was a littler nervous about this recipe because I've just started to enjoy beans. But I love it! Great for if you need something fast because you can just toss it in the microwave. I added a little more chicken then she does.

Also her Butterhorn Rolls. So yummy! We've enjoyed lots of these already.

The last one form MoneySavingMom is Pizza Crust. I did a quadruple batch of this. My family loves homemade pizza!

The rest of the recipes are from friends of mine. So glad I know lots of good cooks!

Taco Soup
1lb cooked ground beef or turkey
1 envelope Ranch dressing mix
1 envelope taco seasoning
1-2 cans Kidney beans
1 can corn- undrained
1 28oz can crushed tomatoes
1 can tomato paste
Combine all in crockpot and cook on low for 3-4 hours. Serve with chips, cheese and sour cream

Baked Beans
32oz baked beans - any brand
2 16oz cans Navy beans - drained
2 16oz can Kidney beans - drained
2 16oz can Garbanzo beans - drained
1 cup catsup
1 cup brown sugar
1 tbl yellow mustard
1 tbl vinegar
1 yellow onion
1/2 - 1lb
I cook the bacon and onion together. Combine all and cook for 1 hour at 350 or in crockpot on low 3-4 hours

Chicken Rice and Sausage Casserole
4 cups cooked and shredded chicken
1 lb cooked sausage
5 cups chicken broth
2 envelopes Lipton noodle soup
1 cup rice
Mix all. To freeze put in ziplock bags before cooking. I was able to get two meals from one batch. To cook: cover and cook 45-60 minutes at 350. Remove cover and cook at 450 for 15 minutes, or till rice is cooked and broth evaporated.

Let me know if any of you try some of the recipes!

1 comment:

Shannie said...

I'm making taco soup for a friend who just had a baby. I don't have kidney beans so I used black beans and added a can of rotel tomatoes. Guac, sour cream, cheese and chips on top, and spiced dark chocolate brownies for dessert... I'll let you know how it turns out!