Thursday, September 2, 2010

What do you say?

Yesterday was my first prenatal appointment. Several people asked if this was our first. Each time I was about to answer I stumbled all over my self and then blurted out, "we have a 16 month old at home".

I didn't know what to say because of the child we loss earlier this year. I know going in that with strangers was not the answer. No need to get into all of that on them. But that loss is still fresh for me. My instinct was to tell them that it's our third. This baby is Matt and my third, but we'll only have two children... and counting. :-) Wasn't something I had thought about till I was having to deal with it.

Back to the appointment. It went well. My doctor's office is being cautious, which I'm thankful for. They did a bunch of blood work yesterday. I'm going back in tomorrow for more. We scheduled the first sonogram! YAY! It's set for the 23rd. Later then I was hoping. I know it's sooner then my office typically does, so I'm glad for that.

So far everything seems to be going well. Please keep praying for the baby and the pregnancy. Thanks!

2 comments:

Shannon (Cali version) said...

You're definitely in my thoughts and prayers! Glad everything's going well. Can't wait to see that first pic (if you're going to share, that is!).

Megan said...

Of couse I'll share the sono pictures! It'll be up in two weeks!