Monday, September 27, 2010

First Picture

Thursday we had our first sonogram. Matt and I were so anxious! After having the blighted ovum in April, we knew about the "what if" because we experienced it. We just wanted to see our baby and know it was ok.
As they started the sonogram, we both almost had a heart attack! We saw my uterus no problem. We couldn't see anything in it. That's what happened with our last pregnancy. Both of us were speechless and just kept watch and waiting. We would catch a glimpses of something, we were hanging onto hope.
Then we saw it! Our sweet perfect baby! The baby looks wonderful! You can see the nubs where it's legs and arms are starting to form. The heart beat is good and strong, 175 bpm. Several people have told me that's a sign of a girl. So we shall see! I had been thinking it was a girl until I saw it. Now I'm convinced it's another boy. Matt's still convinced it's a girl. Will be fun to find out who's right in 11 weeks. :-)
The "halo" is the baby's yoke sack.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Girl!
Girl!!
Girl!!!

But another boy would fit right in...
Dad

Amanda said...

Oh, that is SUCH a blessing. I wish I had one of those heart rate monitors for it -- esp during those first coupla months. Can't wait to find out if its a boy or girl -- boy would be fun for a playmate for J but a girl would be SO FUN to plan for (and play with mine.)

My mother in law told me to pick out a boy name "just in case." I hear it happens all the time, wouldn't that be a shocking surprise! So, pick both names! ;)

Megan said...

Dad: Hopefully you'll get another grand-daughter!

Amanda: It would be fun to have a heart rate monitors! I can't wait till I feel the baby moving. Such an awesome feeling! That's good advice from your m-i-l. As of now, we have our boy and girl name picked. Do you have a name for your little girl yet?

Amanda said...

Not officially . . .I think we are going to have a little list of "secret names" and then see which one fits her when she comes out -- it's HARD to choose!

Megan said...

It is hard! This will be their name, for their whole life! Pick one you both love. I like the idea of waiting till the baby is born to share the name. I get to excited and then spill the beans. :-)