Tuesday, April 19, 2011

38 Weeks

Full term! Just waiting for Ephram to decided he's done cooking and ready to come meet us!

I feel like I'm carrying differently this time, more out in front. Maybe it's because I've been chasing a toddler this pregnancy, not sitting at a desk having a snack. :-)

Ephram is starting to drop, wohoo! I can breath so much easier now!

I've started getting swollen. Freaks Matt out because by the end of the day I can leave finger prints in my legs. Gross, I know.

My braxton hicks contractions are getting more painful. Most of the time I need to stop what I'm doing to deal with them. They're still very irregular. Every time they start to get consistent they stop. Keeps me on my toes thinking "This could be it!"

I've been trying to take advantage of the last bit of time I'll have as a momma of one. Taking Jeremiah for walks, playing outside, anything he really likes just so we can have some special time together.

Getting ready for Ephram has been a lot easier in some ways. I know what to expect. I know what I want and need to have at the hospital and around the house for all of our sanity. It's been harder too. Trying to make freezer meals, clean, and organize all the baby stuff isn't so easy when there is an incredibly sweet helper following me around. I keep reminding myself, if it doesn;t get done before Ephram's born, it apparently didn't have to. Despite what I initially thought. Another hard part is logistics. Brenda, my MIL, is keeping Jeremiah while I'm in labor. So thankful for that! The thing I can't figure out is car seats. Do we put Jeremiah's car seat in her car and Ephram's in ours. Do we put both boys car seat in our car? Still have no idea how that will work out. Just need to make sure we have the car seat in the car we leave the hospital in. :-)

Here's the 38 weeks picture. Matt kept telling me I looked like I have a basketball under my shirt. I didn't believe him. Maybe I should have.



No comments: