Monday, June 21, 2010

Father's Day

In typical Megan fashion, I'm a day late on my Father's Day post. After breakfast and presents we went to church. Our church has a really neat tradition of on Mother's day the men go up front and sing a hymn for the offertory and the women sing on Father's day. The hymn we sung was "Faith of Our Fathers".



The refrain is "faith of our fathers, holy faith. We will be true to thee till death". That song got me thinking about how thankful I am to have a Daddy who taught me that faith. A Daddy who taught me what a god honoring man looks like through his example.



Matt is one of those men. A man who loves the Lord, then his family. I'm thankful for the father he is to Jeremiah and will be to our future children. A father who will seek to pass on our faith to our children.



My prayer is that Jeremiah will share our faith and pass it out to his children. That we will see the faith of our fathers passed on for countless generations!

1 comment:

momma said...

Amen and Amen!!