Sunday, May 30, 2010

Ah-ha!

There are several verses people and we have been reminding ourselves of.

"Do not be anxious abut anything but in everything, through prayer and petition, with thanksgiving present your request to God."

"And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

Quick confession. I'm horrible about memorizing scripture. The verses I do have memorized I typically can't remember the reference. Something I'm trying to work on. The other day I found the reference to the first verse. It's Philippians 4:6. I was reading that chapter and discovered that the second verse is Philippians 4:7!

I had an "ah-ha!" moment. When we pray, even about hard things we don't understand or like we still need to be thanking and praising God. This is how Matt and I have been trying to pray. Especially when dealing with the miscarriage. As I read Philippians 4:7 and the promise that we will have peace which transcends all understanding, all I could think about is if we continue to praise God even in times of trial and suffering, He'll bless us with His peace. Which surpasses the understanding of men.

I think this struck me because this is what Matt and I experienced with the miscarriage, We were sad, didn't understand and were questioning God. We intentionally sought to praise Him. While He didn't give us an answer He did give us peace. A peace we can't explain that enables us to tell people we really are doing well, considering.

What a faithful God!

3 comments:

Kierstyn said...

God is faithful!! Now it's up to us to show God's faithfulness in our lives.

Megan said...

Easier said then done. :-)

Britt said...

Amen! God is so good, even in the hard times.