Saturday, August 30, 2008

A good day

Friday, I got to work was really tired and then found out one of our tellers called out. That meant there were only two tellers for the bank. I had to work the drive thru alone. I was not looking forward to the day. 
Midmorning I had a customer come through who I've gotten to know some. She told me she had a gift for me. I was stunned! She gave me some air freshener from Pier 1. It was really sweet of her and made the day better.
When I went out for lunch I went to a sandwich place that banks with us. The manager was there so I was talking to him while I ordered. When I went to check out they handed me a cup and that was it. I was so confused! The manager told me that they were buying my lunch! He's reason was that I'm their favorite Regions employee and I go the extra mile. 
What was really encouraging to me was that people noticed and appreciate how I do my job. I was amazed that what started out as a bad day turned turned into a great day!

No comments: