Saturday, January 15, 2011

Yummy-ness

I love cinnamon rolls. They're just so good! I've been wanting to try making some from scratch for some time, but always found a reason to just buy some canned ones instead. Not anymore!

I've recently become a little obsessed with The Pioneer Woman, especially her recipes. They all sound so simple and don't have ingredients that I've never heard of. Not to mention she posts mouth watering pictures of her dishes. Yesterday I came across her cinnamon rolls recipe. She has 4 different ones! And I want to try all of them, especially the chocolate chip cookie sweet rolls.

For my first attempt, I decided to keep it simple and go with the original. I was overwhelmed starting it. Freaked out when my dough didn't rise like hers did. But they turned out amazing! Now that I've made them I know to add a lot more cinnamon next time. I used the cream cheese icing instead of the maple flavored icing. So yummy! Also, I only did half of what her recipe called for and had enough for 3 or 4 pans! We like to eat a lot of cinnamon rolls, but whoa! That's a ton! I put the ones we didn't use in the freezer. Hopefully they'll turn out just as tasty next time.

3 comments:

momma said...

and where are your yummy pictures?!?!

Megan said...

No pictures. I put up a new belly pic so there it is! :-)

Shannon (Cali version) said...

I love Pioneer Woman, but I haven't made any of her recipes. I want to try out her mac & cheese one day - it has bacon in it!

And your post reminds me that I never finished reading her "romance novel" autobiography of how she ended up with her husband. Maybe tonight!