Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Welcome home!

This past weekend Matt and I were in Vegas for Ricky's (Matt's dad) 50th birthday. Was a fun trip and there will be a blog with lots of pictures coming soon!

Once we landed we were both hungry so we stopped at Chick-Fil-A for some dinner and a milkshake. I go to take a drinks of the milkshake, the lid pops off! I end up with milkshake all in my lap. Did I mention it was 30 degrees outside? No good! Clean up as much as we can and wait till we get home. 

I walk into the house and see that our real Christmas tree tipped over at some point while we were gone. Great! One good thing was we had a bag to collect the needles in and that caught all the water. I was so thankful not the have to mess with wet carpet. Sadly one ornament was lost.

By the time we get the tree standing up and thing picked up we fall into bed. I work Matt up a few hours later scream "Spider!" Apparently I was dreaming that there was a spider in our bed. Matt was so confused and jumped out of bed to kill the nonexistent spider.  

This morning as I start to get ready for work I see there's a bug in our bathroom. This is kind of normal since it's been getting cold out. This morning it was a scorpion! Not sure that Matt believed me when I told him there was a scorpion in the bathroom for him to kill. 

What a welcome home, huh?

5 comments:

Kierstyn said...

LOL! Wow! Just imagine how much more exciting your life will be when you add this little one into the mix!

Glad you guys are home, and CAN'T WAIT to hear the news tomorrow! I'm thinking boy, but would be thrilled with either. Do you think Baby Boy Wilson would like bows? ;-)

Unknown said...

Crazy funny! I hope your trip out to Kansas goes better...because I don't want Calamity Megan at my house. I think there will be opportunity enough with my calamaties!
Daddy

Sherry said...

When do we find out? Boy or girl?

Heather said...

so????? Boy or Girl????

Megan said...

Not sure how the baby will like bows. I'm sure in a few years he'll like pulling them out of Elizabeth's hair. :-)

Calamity Megan, huh??? It wasn't that bad! What calamities do you have????