Thursday, September 4, 2008

What a day...

This started last night. 

Matt was grilling. We both went outside and Tonks got out! We don't have a fence and Tonks has slipped out of her collar and taken of around the neighborhood. Once she realized she was outside with out her leash, she took off! Thankfully Matt was able to catch her pretty quickly.

Later in the evening we decide to make some cookies. I had to add some coco. As I was trying to put the lid back on it, something happened! Next thing I know it's falling and coco is flying everywhere! All over the floor, counter and ourselves.  We finally got it all cleaned up, the vacuum now smells like coco whenever it's on. Then the cookies didn't turn out!

This morning Matt tells me something is wrong with his ear and he needs to get it checked out. Matt never wants to go to the doctor! I start to worry and decided I would take a sick day so I could go to the doctor with him.

I'm opening this week so I had to go in and work for a little while. Once everyone else came in for the day I start getting ready to leave. I go to lock my coin vault, I end up SLAMMING my thumb in the door! Oh it hurt so badly! It started to bruise immediately. I now have I nice bruise under my nail that will be there for a while. 

I finally get out of work and Matt and I go to the doctor. He has simmers ear and a middle ear infection. He's on medication now and feeling much better.

Just been one thing after another. Thankfully hasn't been anything too big, just annoyances.    

4 comments:

Kierstyn said...

You know, I think those little things can easily add up to one big thing. And the worst is when all these unexpected things happen at once.

Here's hoping for a better day!

Anonymous said...

soooo....how's that fence fund coming along....chasing tonks in 5 months will not be fun! funny to watch perhaps but not fun for you!

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear you've had such a bad day. Hope Matt's ear is feeling better and that your finger won't bother you too much. Thank goodness for colored nail polish. You won't have to look at the bruise as it grows out. About all that cocoa! ! ! I can't imagine how that must have flown all over your kitchen, and then to have the cookies not taste good added insult to injury, BUT, the house smells tastey after you vaccum. Take care and have a calm, good weekend Love grm

Unknown said...

What a day! We dont have days like this in Kansas...

Love you,
Daddy