Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Turkey Potpie

I love the traditional Thanksgiving meal. The turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, green beans and gravy on top of all of it! Yummy! I love eating it for the weeks after Thanksgiving too. Sandwiches, turkey and noddle soup, and one of my new favorites turkey potpie.

With my love for all food Thanksgiving, while my mom was here two weeks ago she made turkey for us. She told me about this delicious recipe!

I can't take credit for this beautiful picture. But I'm not going to lie, my potpie was pretty darn tasty! So with Thanksgiving a few days away, I thought ya'll might enjoy an alternative to a turkey sandwich.

One tip I'll give. Make sure you really pinch the pie crust around the dish. I did not do that well. The filling of the potpie ended up spilling out onto the bottom of the oven. I smelt something, but didn't worry about it. But it got stronger. Matt and I both looked in the kitchen to see smoke coming out of the oven. Thankfully, it was just the filling at the bottom of the oven and not the potpie! That would have been a disaster!


2 comments:

Ashley said...

Thanks for the recipe!! We are cooking an extra turkey for leftovers, so I will def give this a try!

Megan said...

I hope ya'll enjoy it!