Thursday, November 18, 2010

5 Years...

Ago today Matt and I started dating. We had come close to dating several times over the 15 months we knew each other. We would sit down and have the DTR (define the relationship) talk and always have reasons why we shouldn't date. One of the main ones was we didn't want to risk ruining our friendship. The night Matt asked me out we decided no matter what happened between us, we would always be in each other's life. I think we both had a pretty good guess as to where our relationship was headed and weren't worried about not being in each other's life. :-)

Our relationship moved pretty quickly once we were officially a couple. We had dealt with most of the big issues couples deal with even before we had started dating. So we were full steam ahead!

9 months after we started dating we were engaged. 10 months after that we were married. We would have gotten married much faster if I wasn't in my final year of college and if we lived in the same state. Good thing God's timing is perfect. 3 months after getting married we added to our family by buying a dog. 8 months after getting Tonks we bought a house. 11 months after getting the house we had Jeremiah. 10 months after having Jeremiah we found out we were pregnant again. Sadly we lost that child. But now we are expecting again!

Our relationship has been full of highs and low, joy and sorrows. but I wouldn't change any of it! Well... Most of it. :-) I'm so thankful that God, in His perfect timing, brought Matt and I both the Belhaven, ordained for us started dating, be married and start a family. God has blessed me beyond belief!

I love you, Matthew and look forward to the numerous years we'll have together!

Our first date, Christmas Formal 2005

2 comments:

Shannon (Cali version) said...

congrats!

Amanda said...

Beautiful love story -- That last picture is beautiful.