Thursday, July 22, 2010

Oreo Balls


If you're ever looking for an amazingly quick, easy and delicious dessert, then this is the answer you're looking for! Jeremiah and I made a batch last week for a baby shower. All you do is:

Crush 1 package of Oreos. I used a food processor, but I know people who put them in a bag and let their kids jump on them.

Mix Oreo crumbs with 1 block of soften cream cheese.

Make bite size balls out of the mixture. I put mine on a wax covered cookie sheet and in the freezer for an hour or so.

Dip the frozen balls in melted chocolate. You can get different flavors and colors of candy wafers from Hobby Lobby. The Bakers Chocolate works just as well. Let dry on wax paper. Store in the fridge.

When Jeremiah and I were making them, I had him sitting on the counter so he could push the button on the food processor. As I was putting in the Oreos, Jeremiah grabbed one and shoved it in his mouth before I could stop him! Once he knew I was going to let him eat it, he pulled the cookies apart and took his time eating it. He loved it! He kept asking me for more. :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had gotten that recipe from Sarah. PaPA loves THEM, BUT i DID NOT ICE THEM. i'LL TRY THEM NEXT TIME. i ASSUME THE BABY SHOWER WAS FOR A LITTLE GIRL! ! lOVE THE PINK. HOPE YOU HAD FUN. GLAD JEREMIAH HAS LEARNED TO APPRECIATE OREOS, ESPECIALLY SEPARATED

Megan said...

It was for a friends 4th little girl. We got a little crazy with the pink. I kept thinking of you and how we would make chocolate dipped pretzels for the Tree Lighting. Love you!