Tuesday, April 1, 2008

House Hunting

On Saturday Matt and I continued the search for a house. We decided to look around the area we're living in now; which would keep us close to work but 40 minutes from church. Sunday school provided some encouragement about that. One of the families in our class lives about the same distance away and said that several other families do as well. I felt much better about looking around this area after hearing that. 
We found a really great neighborhood with a pool, play area, soccer field, street lights and really cute houses. 
The first one we went into was amazing! It had a hug, open floor plan. As much as we liked it we just can't afford it. Dang it! :-)
Here is another one we went into in the same neighborhood. We think we like it. I say think because there was so much furniture in that house it was hard to get an idea of what it was really like and how our furniture would fit in the house. It did have an amazing kitchen and a split floor plan, which are pluses.  So found an option but we're going to keep looking.  
 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i am so glad you got that encouragement from your SS class. the house looks like a wonderful place, but i know what you mean too much stuff to even see the place. we continue to pray for the right palce and like-mindedness for you both. love you!

Unknown said...

GREAT! It looks like you have two good choices. I noticed that the second house has a chimney...does the first house have a fireplace too? Is it possible that you can share the MLS number so that I can go out and look at the listing?

I also think it's great that you're getting advice and support from your friends at church...this is wise.

I look forward to hearing more as you get closer to a decision.

I love you both,
Daddy

Kierstyn said...

Oh, I like those! They are both very cute! Too bad you can't afford the first one, but at least you still have some options.

I'm hoping that you hurry up and find something so that you can start working on my new niece or nephew!

Shannie said...

i like the porch. you would need to get a swing though.