Monday, March 24, 2008

Birthday!



My birthday was March 14. Poor Matt had to meet a lot of expectations because birthdays in the Johnston house are a HUGE deal. My dad always said it was like Christmas for just one person. A normal birthday growing up was breakfast and presents in bed, lunch out and the diner of your choice. 
Opening presents! This is a movie my folks gave me, Rear Window. So good! Go rent it! 








Time to eat. My family had a cup we used only on birthdays. Momma sent me one for Matt and I use for our family. Matt made me cinnamon rolls and julics for breakfast. Very yummy.











My first birthday being married was wonderful! Weird being a way from my family but very fun getting to spend it with Matt for the first time. He came to my work and took me out for lunch. For dinner he let me pick what we had, can't go wrong with Papa Jonhs! Thanks to everyone for helping to make my birthday so special!

2 comments:

Shannie said...

Birthday breakfast in bed while wearing turtle pjs...what more can a girl ask for? So glad you had a good day!

Unknown said...

First...Megan, it sounds like a wonderful birthday. Of course I would love to have been able to share it with you, but you are clearly enjoying continuing the traditions.

Second...Matt. thanks for loving my daughter so well. Your care for her is a great encouragement to me.

Finally, Mom says that she will comment as soon as you change your blog to allow anonymous comments. I guess that she doesn't want my mug with her comments...

Love you,
Daddy