Friday, December 10, 2010

Protected

Ever had something happen and you immediately think, "thank you, Lord protecting me and my family!"? I had one of those moments yesterday.
I made Jeremiah oatmeal for breakfast and then boiled some eggs for myself. Didn't think anything of the fact I used the stove till I was making Jeremiah his afternoon snack. I grabbed a towel to dry off his highchair trey. Once I was done with it I tossed it on the stove and got back to work on the snack. I start to smell something smoking. I look and the towel had landed on a burner, THAT WAS ON and was smouldering! I grabbed it and tossed it away from the burned, turned off the stove and kept an eye on Jeremiah so that if I need to grab him and run I could. Thankfully, the towel didn't ignite and where it had started to catch fire was out within seconds. Scared the snot out of me! I'm so thankful that I caught it before it ignite. And that there were no issues from having left a gas burner on low all morning! Yesterday I caught a glimpse of how much Got protects me and my family everyday!

1 comment:

Shannon (Cali version) said...

oh, it looks like pregnancy brain is kicking in (not that mine ever left). I've become a stove nazi because we've left it on several times. Ours has a little light that comes on if the stove top is hot and every time I pass by I tend to look at it and check the knobs if it's on. Glad your instincts were working great, my mind would probably be a jumbled mess. :0)