Sunday, August 9, 2009

The Beeper

Our church nursery gives out beepers, in case they need help with the baby. We've been leaving Jeremiah in the nursery during the worship service for several weeks now. Today we decided to leave him there during Sunday school. He has gotten to vocal to be in our class.

Matt and I were sitting in Sunday school, with the beeper right in front of us when a feel a tap on my shoulder. It was Amber, the church's children ministry coordinator. She whispers "we need you in the nursery". Not gonna lie, I started panicking a little. Amber said that Jeremiah was inconsolable. I was half way the the nursery when I hear Jeremiah screaming.

I walk in and over the screams I hear that Jeremiah had been playing in an exersaucer and started fussing. They got him out and he was covered in poop (guess that's what happens when a little boy doesn't poop for a few days). They had to wipe him down, hair and below, gross!!! While they were wiping him down a fan started blowing right on him. By this point he's mad that he had poop all over himself and cold. Not sure when I came in during this mess.

I tried to feed him, but he would have nothing to do with that! I ended up having to walk him around outside before he finally calmed down. After that he ate and settled down and I was able to go worship. Thankfully, the beeper didn't go off and there were no taps on the shoulder.

The whole time the women in the nursery were trying to love on Jeremiah and make him feel better. Made me very thankful for those who work with the kids in churches. What a blessing they are!

4 comments:

Kierstyn said...

Oh yes. The tap on the shoulder. I got that every week when Benjamin was little. :-)

I can't believe he pooped that much!! What a mess he must have been.

I'm glad he's so well loved, even though we know it would be as good as if Aunt Kierstyn was there to love on him.

Unknown said...

Just wait!
I'm sure the biting gene will make an apearance somewhere among all these grand kids. As the parent, you simply start apologizing to all the other parents on your way to the toddler room...poop goes away quickly, but bite marks stay to remind you for days...yes, that's when you learn about love and grace...

Kierstyn said...

LOL, Dad! Benjamin tried to bite one of the other toddler's daddy. They were rough housing, and Benjamin lived up to his nick name, Benny the Teeth, and bit down on Tim's nipple. The nipple ring made things more interesting....

Megan said...

I hope he's not a bitter, we'll see.

I can't believe Ben bit another boy! Poor kid. But that will teach him not to mess with a kid with big teeth!