Thursday, March 19, 2009

What a day...

Wednesday Mary Downing came to visit for the rest of the week. I'm so excited to have her here! We hadn't seen each other since October. Way too long! Yesterday we were going to take it easy and then maybe go to Atlanta and go shopping. At least that was the plan.

I had some bloody discharge and my doctor wanted me to come in so they could make sure everything was ok. I think I almost gave Matt a heart attack when I told called him. Thankfully he was able to leave work right a way so that he could go with me to the doctor. He made it home in record time without getting a ticket! And no tickets on the way to the doctor's! I think we both learned to the drive to the doctor's is longer then we thought. Take about 30 minutes to get there from our house.

We got to the doctor's office and they hooked me up to the monitors. I thought it was pretty fun to get to hear Jeremiah's heart beat for so long. Crazy how I would feel him move then then see his heart rate change. The midwife said that everything is fine and Jeremiah is doing great. She also told me that I've started to have mild contractions, I'm 70% effaced and starting to dilate. All good signs! Every keeps reminding me that this doesn't mean he'll come early. I'm trying not to get my hope up.

The rest of the day was really relaxing. Mary Downing and I went and did a little shopping. So nice to have girl time. We had a yummy dinner. We were watching TV and Tonks jumped on the couch next to MD. Next thing we know she's jumping down and there is a stream of pee trailing her! I couldn't believe it. Tonks has NEVER peed on the couch before. We were able to get it all cleaned. Still going to see if we can get the cushion replace with the warranty we have.

What a day..

2 comments:

Kierstyn said...

I'm so excited that Jeremiah's arrival seems to be getting closer. I am still really hoping that he's born in the middle of April though, that way he'll still be a tiny baby when I get to see him. Isn't it a comfort to know that his days (including when he's born) are already ordained!

And I'm sure it's nice to know you really won't be pregnant forever. I thought I would be with my boys....

Jeremiah, no matter when you get here, you need to remember something: there will be no rolling over till Aunt Kierstyn gets her hands on you!!! But starting to smile is allowed.

Anonymous said...

I had hard about your scare yesterday, but so very glad you and Jeremiah are doing fine. Your visit with MD sounds like just what you needed. Have a great time and tell her HI' Love to all grmm