Thursday, November 6, 2008

Bad to Better

Tuesday night as I was heading home from work I got rear-ended. Nothing too bad at all. I pulled over into the next parking lot I came to talk to the man and exchange information. He didn't stop! Drove right by me. I was livid. Poor Matt got an earful about it.

Just to be safe I called my OB yesterday to let them know. They told me I HAD to be seen. I tried to explain that it wasn't that bad, but they stuck with it. I ended up setting an appointment with my OB and head there after work, around 4:15.  Matt and I get there and the midwife asked why we didn't go the the ER. Then proceeded to tell us all they could do was listen to the baby's heart and couldn't tell us everything was fine with the baby. Now I'm starting to freak out.

Matt and I headed to the ER at 5:15, just to be safe. Plus we're heading out of town tonight and knew we wouldn't be comfortable unless we knew for sure. So after much paper work, a lot of waiting and being told I couldn't eat in the waiting area we were seen. This is about 6:30. Thankfully in my room there was a TV so we got to watch Bravo and TLC. Made the time go much faster! 

They did sonogram to make sure everything was fine. The poor lady doing to sonogram. The baby was sitting on it's head in my pelvic bone and would not move! I drank water, went to the bathroom, laid on my said, nothing would make the baby move. So after probably close to 20 minutes sonogram lady is able to get everything she needs. 

We head back to my room, it's about 8:00 now. Watch John and Kate Plus 8 for a while. The doctor came in and told us everything looks great! YEA! He also told us the baby is measuring 16 weeks 6 days. I was 16 weeks exactly yesterday. Maybe the baby had the Johnston-big-baby gene. 

At 9:00 we left the ER and headed to the closest McDonald's. Neither one of us had eaten since lunch. It was a very long and stressful two day. But we got to see the baby again, which is always wonderful!  Now we know for sure it's doing great.  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So very sorry to hear that you were rear ended. but so very, very glad you are both okay. Have a good weekend. Where öut of town are you going? Love grmm

Anonymous said...

We are keeping the 3 of you in our prayers. I'm so glad to hear you are all well. Much love, T