Monday, October 6, 2008

Baby Update

Had a doctor's appointment on Thursday. Not really sure what the point was since we went over the same thing last time I was there. Oh well, what ya gonna do? 

The midwife said she would try to find the baby's heart beat through my tummy. She warned that we might be able to find it since the baby is so small. I had her go ahead and try. She looked for close to 5 minutes and I was already start to stress that we couldn't find it. I guess I should have listened to the warning better! She found it for a split second and said it sounded good. After about another 5 minutes looking she found it again! Matt and I got to listen to it for a nice long time. The midwife guessed that the heart rate was about 160.

It was so amazing to get to hear our baby's heart beat! Since I'm not showing yet and haven't been sick it almost like I forget that I'm pregnant. Getting to hear the heart beat changes that! I'm always blown away when I think about the fact that Matt and my first baby is growing inside of me right now. What a miracle!

Next appointment is the end of the month. At that visit we'll probably get to set up our next sonogram. The sonogram where we find out what the baby is!

4 comments:

Kierstyn said...

Very cool! You guys are very blessed!

And FYI, the thing you hear the baby's heartbeat "through your tummy" with is called a doppler. And don't buy one for your house. They take forever to work and you'll just get yourself stressed.

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad mugwump finally cooperated! it will be fun to see who is growing in there.

and just so you know...i had no opportunity to forget about being pregnant...i was constantly reminded as i clung to the toilet..but you all were and still are worth it!

Anonymous said...

ewwwwh mar. Unfortunately, I witnessed way too much you, ‘driving the porcelain bus.’ Yes, she is indeed worth it. We are so happy for you, Matt and Megs. And, by the by, as far as to "what" it is making that fast little heartbeat in your tummy.... It is a BABY silly!

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful, exciting time. Glad you and special baby are doing so well Lots of Love to the three of you Grandma