Thursday, October 21, 2010

Decorations

I finally took pictures of my fall decorations. I love the wreath! I'm thinking about adding a W to the brown side to balance it out some. I combined this wreath with this one. I love how it turned out!
I wasn't sure if I wanted to cover a foam wreath or use the twig one. Jeremiah made that decision for me. I had a foam wreath in our buggy. Looked down and he was biting it! Decision made! :-)
A tip for if your making a weather like this... Cut some of your felt along the long side and some on the short side. Will give you a veriaty of sizes. And you can't use too much glue! :-) For my mantel I kept it pretty simple. I had the frame already. Put some falling scrapbook paper in it with pictures from the pumpkin patch last year. I LOVE our name on the pumpkins! Was going to paint them, but all I had was black sharpies. Worked great!
I got everything for the wreath at Hobby Lobby. I had a gift card, so didn't spent any cash. I only spent cash on the pumpkins and that was minimal. I'm so please with how everything turned out!





7 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE EVERYTHING GOOD JOB HOW DID YOU MAKE THE FLOWERS IM GOING TO BUY 4PUMPKINS AND COPY YOUR FIREPLACE IDEA. LOVE

Ashley said...

Precious Megan!!

Shannon (Cali version) said...

great job! I only get around to decorating for Christmas, but this is inspiring me.

Crystal said...

love love love the pumpkins with yalls name on it. Our name is so long I wouldnt know where to put it! Very very cute though! I have a fabric flower wreath too on out front it. Its not fallish but I love the look. I may frame some pictures like that today! :) miss you guys!

Amanda said...

Oh wow, turned out SO GOOD. I'm super impressed -- I linked your blog on my latest blog post -- I liked your wreath ten times more than my door sign!

Britt said...

I love the wreath and the pumpkins. It's adorable!

Megan said...

Thanks everyone! I had a lot of fun doing it all. If any of you did the pumpkins, I would love to see some pictures!