Friday, June 5, 2009

Super Baby

I know that everyone thinks their baby is the cutest, sweetest and best baby ever. But I REALLY believe Jeremiah is a super baby.

There are several reason I say that. He's a good eater, even when he was still in the hospital. Only once since we've been home has he wanted to eat eat more than twice at night. Last night is was once at 1:45. Not bad! He loves being held and talked to, but he also likes playing alone. After a really busy day like Sundays he wants to play by himself for a while. He got used to a new routine in less than a week. Here's the kicker, he just figured out how to put himself back to sleep!

I was starting to get nervous that he wouldn't be able to put himself to sleep. I have been very quick to go to him when he starts crying. Over the past week I've been trying to let him cry for a little bit before I would go get him. I was so worried that eventually I would have to sit and listen to him crying for like 30 minutes before he would give up and go to sleep. Today he put himself back to sleep twice!

The first time he started to fuss half-hearted. After I few minutes I looked in on him. He's eyes were closed, he let out once last whimper and was sounds a sleep after that. The second time was as I was getting out of the shower. He started to fuss a little. By the time I finished getting dressed and drying my hair he was back a sleep!

All of that and he's just seven weeks old! Like I said, super baby!

1 comment:

momma said...

he is a super baby!!!